Monday, April 8, 2013

Little Miss is One!

I can't believe my little girl is a year old already! We celebrated her birthday this past weekend with family and I wanted to share some of the decorations with you.

This cute little battery tea light is decorated with CTMH's washi tape - it's so cute and so easy to use and best of all - the adhesive is tacky so it's easy to remove from the tea light when I want to change it up for the next party.

And since washi tape is available in so many colors and designs (non-CTMH) I used other fun designs in my color scheme to make little toothpick flags for the food trays.


Then using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, I cut four pages of flowers in Hollyhock and Gray Flannel (retired) and adhered them to some garden twine to make a garland. I used the soft set eyelet punch (retired) to cut the circles out of Glitter paper for the flower centers.


Also using the washi tape and Art Philosophy cartridge, I decorated clothespins to make another banner full of monthly pictures of the birthday girl.


I hung the banner up over my china closet for guests to look at while they waited in line for the food. (Little Man helped me decorate, he wanted his toys out on display too!)


I did make the invitations for the party, but I used my computer skills for this one. I wanted to go super trendy and I knew it would be faster and easier to just make it in Adobe Illustrator.


My sister was a great big help getting this whole party ready. She and the kids came the day before to help clean the house and even assemble some of the decorations. She also made the fondant flowers for the cupcakes. Here's a picture of Little Miss's cupcake - so cute!


Here's a shot of the table. It was a storybook theme - guests were asked to bring a book as a gift to build her library (since Little Man doesn't want to share *his* books) and all the food was from a storybook: Jack & Jill's water, Strega Nona's spaghetti, "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", "Peter Rabbit"s veggies, Snow White's apples and "The Little Boy Who Shared His Lunch" (bread).


Everyone had a great time and while they were asking when the next party is going to be, I was patiently waiting to go to bed! I am now done with my long list of parties, gifts and such so I will be recuperating in my craft room for a few days.

Disclaimer: I apologize for the horrible quality of the photos. I pulled my camera out of the padded camera bag to take pictures and it wouldn't focus on anything. So I had to use my cell phone to take these photos. Not the best start to the party... but it got better from there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment