Monday, May 23, 2011

Embossing backgrounds

Since I joined Close to My Heart last fall, I've been in self-imposed exile from the local craft stores only so I'm not tempted to buy something I already have (a sad, but often repeated offense). But my dad's birthday party was fast approaching and I was in charge of favors, table numbers and other things my family thought I would like doing. As I was walking through the two craft stores who share a parking lot I was only finding things on sale that I needed to buy for the party. I had a 40% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket - actually I had given in to my son so I wouldn't forget it and he was waving it in front of me. Constantly. (He's good at helping me remember things)so I wondered over to an aisle I don't visit often - Cuttlebug, Cricut and Sizzix territory. I was lucky enough to find an embossing machine from Sizzix for a price I was willing to pay with the coupon and a folder I could use this weekend. This is the result:
I used a template from Wishes Card Confidence Program and some scraps left over from the Wings Workshop on the Go. The background image is from the Wings WOTG kit stamp set and the sentiment is from Treasures stamp set. The card base was embossed using the Sizzix then sanded.

No comments:

Post a Comment