Monday, February 3, 2014

Spring/Summer 2014 Idea Book: New Goodies!!!


This post is for the Spring/Summer 2014 Idea Book Blog Hop.

I have been anxiously waiting to share this Idea Book with you for a few weeks now because this one is my favorite, by far!!!

There are just so many goodies inside this Idea Book that it was hard to pick just one to show you but I went the non-traditional route to show you some wearable art you can make with Close to My Heart.

Close to My Heart has expanded their Base and Bling collection to include Pendants!!! 

I don't wear a lot of jewelry for two reasons (I'm allergic to anything less than 18K gold and my little girl will grab it and rip it off of me - ouch!!) but I just had to try this new trend.

I used a 1" circle punch to punch a scrap B&T from Stella papers (retired) and Slate ink to stamp "J" and "S" from "A Typeface" stamp set. I used black marker for the "+" and a flower from the Frosted assortment. I used Liquid Glass to enamel everything together and let it dry overnight. The flower soaked up a lot of the Liquid Glass which was good to help stiffen the felt. I added three of the gems to the strand for our birthstones. I tried using the alcohol markers to color them but it didn't work out too well. 

This is a fun statement piece but it's so special to me because it is something I created. With a little help from CTMH, of course!!

And a close up ...

 Here is a second piece I did since I had so much to play with. On this necklace I used a glass bead to cover it and Liquid Glass to adhere the bead down. I'm not sure if I didn't let the ink dry before using the Liquid Glass but the next morning I noticed the ink spread through the adhesive. Not too noticeable except to me.


I hope you enjoyed my project! Have you tried the new Base & Bling yet? What do you think? Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!

Until next time!



14 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! I just might have to order some...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some and can't wait to play too! Love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty! What a lovely idea to use the felt flower! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to make my necklaces! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, I can't wait to have a play with the Base and Bling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pendants, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!! Can't wait to get my hands on these new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty, I love how you included the sweet charms with the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your necklace! Base & Bling makes a great gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are very pretty! You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty...the jewelry isn't what I am into but with all the great pieces I am seeing i may have to get a few pieces to play with. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just received my base and bling pendants and haven't had a chance to play with them yet. great inspiration and i love that you used a felt flower.

    ReplyDelete