Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Chocolate Tins

This is a quick and easy gift I made for my "bosses" at my volunteer job on Fridays. It has been "sweet" working for them this fall that I wanted make something pretty to brighten their day - and a little chocolate is never a bad idea. I got the idea from my sister consultant, Nicki (check her out at her blog here) who got the idea from Lisa Stenz (check her blog out here). Sorry, I don't have the links to their posts about their versions of the chocolate tins, but I know you'll enjoy browsing their sites looking for them yourself.

Here are two of my versions of the tins:
For the tin on the left, I used a discontinued paper pack called Mistletoe (an beautiful assortment of tradional styled designs), Tulip cardstock (for the flower), White Daisy cardstock (for the the tag), Tulip ink, the September Stamp of the Month, Sweet Leaf ribbon and a Pearl Opaque gem.

For the tin on the right, I used Winter Wonderland paper pack, Sky cardstock, White Daisy cardstock (for the tag), Sky ink and the Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain ribbon.

I cut both tags from White Daisy cardstock and the flowers using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. I used Liquid Glass to adhere the flower together while I worked on the rest of the tin. I wrapped each chocolate in a 1" x 3" strip of B&T paper and adhered with Tombow adhesive. The tag on the right, I used Sky ink sponged over an Art Philosophy cut snowflake I used from the gift tags I made (the second round, but that's another post). I tied each of the tags to the ribbon with waxy flax then made a bow with the ribbon. Each tin took about 15 minutes to make and were very well received. I do have to recommend buying an extra bag of chocolates if you are not strong of will. Even thought I bought chocolate with nuts (I'm allergic to nuts) I still had trouble not eating them as I worked. The veggie I had to snack on just weren't cutting the tempation!

1 comment:

  1. Love the way they turned out with the patterned paper instead of the labels. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete