Friday, December 30, 2011

Using up some leftovers, part one

I love scraps!

I keep a bin next to my work space and when I'm feeling inspired with no direction (a common occurrence) I just pull out the bin and look around. Inside the bin are all kinds of scraps - little scraps, big scraps, extra cuts from the Art Philosophy cartridge (usually flowers, I make a lot so I always have something on hand) and of course, lots of "tried it, didn't like it" examples.

After I finished up the second round of gift tags, I had a few extra white tags leftover so I threw them in the bin. Along with some leaves and a Smokey Plum flower cut. Once my son was happily watching a movie he got for Christmas, I sat down to work in my craft space with no deadline or pressure what-so-ever. I was going to play. And I did. This is one of the things I worked on. You'll see the challenge I gave myself next week but this tag was so simple - it just came together. I love when that happens; it fuels me.


I inked the tag with both Bamboo and Desert Sand, then used an image from "Family Ties" stamp set in Smokey Plum, stamped off once then rolled again in the Smokey Plum. Then stamped the sentiment, also from the stamp set. The leaves were cut from the Art Philosophy cartridge in Olive then inked in Olive and scored with the stylus. The flower is made from Smokey Plum cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment