Thursday, October 2, 2014

Artfully Sent Monthly Challenge, Day Two

Welcome back to the second day of my self-imposed monthly challenge with the Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge!

Browsing through the booklet that came with the cartridge, I noticed this 5x7 card and thought it would make a beautiful baby card.

I cut the first two "drafts" out of cardstock (doesn't work well with a dull blade) so I used Desert Sand cardstock and it went much smoother. I backed the inside cover with White Daisy cardstock  and colored in the negative space with the Shin Han alcohol makers to make the card pop. I then lined the whole inside of the card with another layer of White Daisy cardstock to hide the bleed-through of the makers. Because the alcohol markers layer so well, I colored the tree in then let it dry and colored it in again with the same color (Clay, I think) to give it a little dimension, skipping parts of the branches where there would be some highlights.


Since this is going to a friend who just had a little boy, I used blue on the bunting.

Come back again tomorrow when I;ll share a card I made for a friend who just had a baby girl.

1 comment:

  1. Love this card. I did not even see it in the book. Now I have to go look and try this one too. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete