Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Avonlea plus pink

I love clean and simple layouts, and if you haven't checked out the new Make It From Your Heart pattern book, you are missing out! For $7.95, this is a great value. In the book, you get 16 double page layouts (most with two different artwork samples), 2 single page layouts for your first and last pages of an album and 12 card layouts - this is a MUST HAVE on your work desk!

For this layout, I used Avonlea and the Make It From Your Heart layout #10. This will be a lovely layout for my Little Miss's album (which I have yet to start, ahem).

 
With this layout, I got a little inventive. I don't usually do this as when I try to re-create a layout as I like to stick pretty true to form. I figure if I'm attracted to a layout, there's a good reason why. Even without photos, this looked a little bland but I didn't have the embellishments on hand the original artist used. What was I to do? I looked through my embellishments and thought of all the clothes in Little Miss's closet (quite a lot, let me tell you!). What was I most likely going to put on this page? I have lots of photos of her in pink (pink seems to be a thing to put little girls in these days {smile}). I like it when my colors of the page blend with the colors in the photos so I added some pink to my layout intending to add pink photos. The sparkly swirls are AWESOME! With some pink & gray flowers from the Lucy embellishment pack (retired, sorry) I added a fun new color to the exclusive colors of Avonlea.

No comments:

Post a Comment