Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Has it been that long already?

I must apologize! I really didn't think it had been that long since I had posted something - but I have been busy creating so I have no excuse. I have needed to create a lot recently to relieve some stress so I have LOTS to share with you over the coming weeks.

When I haven't been creating, I've been picking up a new hobby - photography! I found that one reason I didn't like some of my scrapbook pages after I put photos on them was because I didn't like the photos. Don't get me wrong, I loved the memories they showed but artistically, something wasn't right. I picked up a photography book and started reading. After finishing that book, I started dreaming and asked for a DSLR for Christmas (even though I already had two other cameras; this might be one reason hubby doesn't "get" my scrapbooking addiction). I then treated myself to a "Dummies" book for the camera I got. I'm still not halfway through it as I'm trying to absorb everything in it but I must say I am liking the results I'm getting so far. I'm even contemplating taking a couple classes to get some hands on training but we'll see. Here are some of the photos from our July 4th celebration of the kids:




These are untouched photos as I have to read the book about the editing software too but it will all come together soon enough. Learning is never ending and my scrapbook pages are reaping the benefits!

I'll be posting some layouts I've been working on soon, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment