Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Five Reasons I Love You

One project I've been working on for a few years is a Gratefulness Book. It's nothing pretty to speak of because I started it on a whim and haven't really made the effort to make it pretty. But it serves a purpose.

"Five Reasons I Love You"
Every time I catch myself smiling at something my husband does, I write it down. And four other reasons why I love him. After almost 10 years, the book is thick but there are no duplicate reasons.

I will often leave it out after writing in it for my husband to see. It's not something I told him I'm doing. Or do we talk about what I write. It's simple observation of him being the love of my life.

One day my kids will read it. I'm sure at first they will think it's gross but over time, I want them to learn that it's the little things that matter. That marriage is more than love or passion and that respect and appreciation are the glue that holds two people together.

I may start a book for each of my kids. Then when they're teenagers and we've disagreed again, they can be reassured that I still love them. Because I told them.

How about you? Have you told your family how you truly feel about them?

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment