Monday, February 4, 2013

Our Menu This Week

Hi all!

How do you like the new look? I'm going to keep tweaking things as we go along so feel free to comment and let me know what works and what doesn't!

If you read Friday's post, you'll know that I'll post our weekly menu on Mondays, usually with a recipe to share. Today's menu I'll share my recipe for Chipotle Meatloaf. This is something I threw together using what I had on hand and it's become a favorite! I'm really lucky that my family likes the way I cook which makes it much easier for me to do it every day. {Now if only I can get them to do the dishes, I'd have it made}

Monday - Chipotle Meatloaf (recipe below), garlic mashed potatoes (boxed variety) and green beans (from the garden last year, the only way Little Man will eat 'em!)

Tuesday - Chicken Tetrazzini with broccoli

Wednesday - Spaghetti & Meatballs

Thursday - Crock pot Ham, Green beans & potatoes

Friday - Dinner Out {probably sushi!}

Saturday - Venison steaks, cheesy shell pasta and veggies

Sunday - Baked Nacho Casserole

Chipotle Meatloaf - warning this isn't an *official* recipe with specific measurements. Adjust it to your family's spicy-ness factor; we like ours a little milder.

1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chipotle mayo (we use Kraft brand)
1 egg
italian bread crumbs

Mix all ingredients by hand to incorporate well. Spread into stoneware pie plate, bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until done.

You could also do your meatloaf in a loaf pan but it'll take longer to bake. Use foil cupcake liners in your muffin tin and they take less time to bake.

Let me know if you try the recipe - and what you think!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment