Friday, February 1, 2013

Something a little different!

Today you'll notice my blog looks a little different.... I'll keep working on it over the next few weeks but the biggest change you'll see is the frequency of the posts - you'll see something everyday! Yea!

I'm pulling back the limited scope of a blog devoted to my Close to My Heart creations because over time it appears that I don't create much. Well, I do, but some of the photos are too personal to share blindly on the internet. With that in mind, I wanted to blog about more about other aspects of my life and interests, Close to My Heart is only a small part of my life (a big part of my basement but that's another post) and I wanted to share more of what goes on throughout my day. To do that, I sat down at my computer and studied all the blogs I visit on a regular basis and I found out a few things. One, I like bright colors! (seriously, this was news to me :) ). Two, I like regular posts. Three, I like varied content related to moms, kids, home, & crafts. So, I came up with a plan.

Each month will have a theme, something to tie all my posts together for the month. Each day of the week will have a guideline so on Mondays I will post my menu for the week. I struggle around 4pm each day wondering about dinner about 3 seconds before my son comes into the kitchen whining because he's hungry. Having a plan will (hopefully) negate this catastrophe from starting. Tuesdays I will post a tip I want to share. This tip may not be new to you but it will be something I recently learned that rocked *my* world. For example, post a note near the TV for the babysitter explaining what TV shows are allowed to be watched and what channels they are on. That way the kids can't say "Mommy lets me watch CSI!" I will dedicate Wednesdays to my crafts, cards, scrapbooks and maybe even some sewing (if I ever get around to it!). Thursdays I will share a thought that's been on my mind, sort of a devotional, meditation kind of thing. On Fridays I will focus on something photography related. It might be a tip I learned, tutorial I love or even a photo from the week.

I think this plan, when executed, will give you more relevance to where you are and you'll feel more inclined to comment (*hint, hint*) but you'll also keep coming back too. I will still have tabs at the top with more dedicated Close to My Heart information (classes, shopping, etc.) but having varied content will hopefully encourage you to share this blog with your friends.

What do you think? Are you interested? Come back on Monday when you'll see what we're having for supper for the week - and I have a recipe to share with you.

See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment