Saturday, February 4, 2012

Lucy cards

Good morning! Welcome to the second day of my Online Open House! Yesterday was a whirlwind getting so many posts put together in one day plus all the activity they generated! Thanks so much to everyone who has requested their own copies of the new Spring Summer Idea Book and placed orders. If you haven't requested your copy yet, make sure to do so today so you can be entered into my drawing for a new stamp set from the Idea Book.  Now off to the first project of the day!



Here is a sweet card I made for a friend using Lucy and the Card Word Puzzle stamp set. It's simple and straightforward and relies on the muted colors of Lucy for it's beauty. Of course, a little bling never hurts either! I used a brush & Blush ink to water color the flower. The water from coloring the flower curls the card stock just a bit so you don't have to use a foam dot to make it "pop".



The second card is my son's attempt to help (I should learn not to promise something I don't want the world to see). I told him what I've been working on and he wanted to make a card for my blog too. This was his design and he's lucky I let him use up my last Canvas Badge button! It's a 2" x 3" card made from Blush cardstock. The stamps are from Family Love stamp set and the zip strip is from one of the Lucy B&Ts. A little red & purple sparkle finishes off the design.


No comments:

Post a Comment