Friday, February 3, 2012

Spring Summer 2012 Idea Book Open House

Here it is... my Spring/Summer Idea Book Open House!

I will have a few posts today and tomorrow highlighting some new products from the Close to My Heart Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book. Check it out online if you haven't already, then contact me for your very own copy!

The first thing about an Open House is always the goodies, right? So, let me start with the give-away: I will give a new stamp set to one of my (non-consultant) readers by Sunday night. How do you enter? By:
1) Placing an order from the new Idea Book, either with me or online at my website
2) Contacting me for your own Idea Book
-or-
3) Commenting on an Open House post

Each order, comment or request for an Idea Book will generate one entry but you can enter as many times as you want.

Next is the products. I will highlight (at least) one new product I love and a project I made a few times today and Saturday. If you don't already follow the blog, then you need to so you don't miss a post! Check the right hand column to follow or subscribe via email.

Here's the first product highlight - my favorite new stamp set: Card Word Puzzle


Set of 63
Recommended My Acrylix® Blocks:
1" × 1" (Y1000), 1" × 3½" (Y1002), 3" × 3" (Y1006)

$13.95   C1494


Filled with words and the most beautiful flowers I have seen (I've dreamt about these flowers), this stamp set is a must for card makers. Here are two cards I made using the large flower in the stamp set and cardstock. Enjoy the beginning of my Open House!
 I used a watercolor brush and the Gray Wool ink pad to softly shade the flower for lowlights and a Sunny Yellow marker to highlight the inside of the flower. I used a light gray shade to randomly stamp Colonial White card stock with the flower image and black in with the sentiment (Card Chatter - Sympathy).
I used the same techniques as the last card but edged the Colonial White card stock in gold embossing powder and heat set it with a heat gun. It provides just a little extra "pop" to match the yellow in the flower's center.

No comments:

Post a Comment