Saturday, February 4, 2012

Victory Layout

This was a fairly easy layout to design and build, about 30 minutes start to finish. It probably helped that I was alone and had been thinking of the design all day. So by the time I was able to sit down and work on it, I had a lot of the design decisions made already. It's also surprising how fast I can work when I'm not being constantly verbally attacked by my son: Mommy, can I help you? Did you know that the average 4 year old can ask about 500 questions a day? No wonder I feel exhausted all the time! I love his curiosity and I strive to answer as many as I can without "because I said so" but boy, around dinnertime, my stamina starts to wear out!

That being said, this layout does celebrate family - my family. I love my family with all that I have and I show them by doing all that I can. They may not see it, appreciate it or even sometimes care, but I do it for them anyway. Right now, our family is boy-centric. We laugh at body noises, enjoy "gross" things and there is dirt every where! Camouflage is also really big in my house right now - little man *must* have something camouflage on at all times - pants, socks, hats, boots, gloves - something! So when I saw the Victory paper pack had camouflage - well, I stocked up! It may not work for every family to do a layout with camo, but it works for us, which is part of our charm! It could also work for hunting & camping pictures or turn it over and use the other design on the back if you aren't into camo at all. Either way, Victory is a great paper pack to use for anything masculine, school related (the plaid B&T is so versatile) or even military.


I used Family Love stamp set for the title and an embellishment, wooden buttons and canvas buttons to keep the layout simple and the focus on the photos.



This stamp set has a lot of great sayings but there are a few flourishes too. I used a second flourish in second generation Outdoor Denim to emphasize the line in the title stamp.

I used two other flourishes to stamp on the canvas buttons to tie them in better with the layout. So simple! I used the Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the stamped image out of Colonial White cardstock and stamped it in Cocoa ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment