Monday, December 31, 2012

Only one more holiday to go....

Did you know in the last 62 days we have celebrated 3 holidays with one more tonight/tomorrow?! And that doesn't include the birthdays (4) we celebrated! Agh! No wonder we are so busy during the holidays!

Well, this last one is a bit more relaxing thanks to having young kids in the house (we celebrate with a little glass waaaay before midnight then go to bed ourselves). The little ones don't really care about a "new year", it's just another day to them - what are we doing today? Mommy, I'm bored! Can I have some more candy?!?

As you may have guessed, our adventures in Advent fell by the wayside shortly through the month. I tried but Little Man was more interested in the other aspects of Christmas (mainly, the gifts) so I worried and prayed and worried some more about teaching him the True Meaning of Christmas. Up to Christmas morning I was really considering cancelling that part of Christmas if he wasn't "getting it". I gave him one last chance before opening presents. Cuddling on the couch, I said, "I have one question before we get started. Why are we doing this?" His answer? Jumping off the couch and dancing excitedly, he answered: "It's a birthday party for Jesus!" Well, I guess prayer does work {just a bit of sarcasm there} so I smiled, thanked God for the best Christmas present ever and let him dig in. What more could I ask for?

Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment