Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Covered Recipe Box

This project has been in my "To Do" pile since I first saw the Fall/Winter 2010 catalog last August and I finally got to make it! Yea! It's a long picture tutorial, so follow along after the jump. PS This was super easy - I will be doing many more of these as wedding gifts with some family recipes inside.

Finished Project - So easy to make!
More pictures after the jump ...


Sponge all the edges of the entire box in a dark color of your choice.

Using the box as your guide measure your papers for each side. When necessary, use a craft knife to cut curves and notches.

I found it easiest to apply the tape to the box first in case I needed to trim the papers at all.

I used a craft knife to cut the notch out of the front of the paper.

I used a Dimensial Elements chipboard sheet as a template to cut a embellishment outline.


I stamped a flower and sentiment from "Unity" in Pacifica then inked the edges in Desert Sand.


I used a neat technique with our clear acrylic stamps - turn the back side out on the block and stamp a black out shape to create a custom outline.

Turn the stamp over so the normal side is facing out and stamp with a darker ink to  enhance the black out shape you just made.

The final product - add some Sparkles, embellish and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment